Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fireworks ash residue on car? Spots in paint finish - what can I do?

For July 4 my neighbors set off a ton of fireworks in our street. I checked my car that night, and brushed off the dust but there wasn't very much. However, when it rained the next day, I guess the ton of soot and ash stuff that had landed on my home's roof washed off and fell onto my car - once it was dry outside and I looked at my car, it was totally filthy with dirty dried watermarks. I wasn't worried about it, and just forgot about it, but today I had my car washed (hosed down more like it) at the dealership when I got my oil changed, and there are now all these faded spots in the paint finish (the car's black) where the dried dirty water marks were. They won't come off! I didn't notice it at the dealership, but now that I'm parked they're so obvious, all over my hood and look really bad.





What can I do? Is there some crazy chemical reaction in ash residue that would cause this? I'm so upset because the car is in otherwise really great condition, and it had a perfect paint job before.





Is there any way to get rid of the spots?? Please tell me I can fix it without spending a lot of money!Fireworks ash residue on car? Spots in paint finish - what can I do?
Seems the clear coat has been damaged,try scratchx from Meguair,you will find good instructions on their forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment