Saturday, March 13, 2010

Is rustproof and paint sealant worth getting for cars in states with winters?

Long story short, I just bought a 2007 Camry. Now, my question is, should I be getting the rust proof and paint sealant for my car since I live in a state that has winters? I am not sure if it is worth it or not... Just wondering what most people think and if most people got it for their brand new cars as well. Everything, rust proof and paint sealant is around 600, not including tax at Toyota.Is rustproof and paint sealant worth getting for cars in states with winters?
Usually it is not worth it but how long will you be keeping the vehicle? For many years- then I would purchase the package.Is rustproof and paint sealant worth getting for cars in states with winters?
Toyotas and Hondas all seem to rust faster than American cars, so you might consider it.
No- not worth it. Save your $ for gas.





The only place you see rust is any place that you get a ding in the paint.





I have a 2003 Toyota Prius, only rust is a place where there is a ding that knocked the paint off.





I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima that is just now showing some signs of rust around the undercarriage - car has 175K+ miles on it.
I've use ';dealer'; rust proofing and a national chain (Zebart) treatment. I live in northern Minnesota where the roads are white with salt. On the new truck with no treatment, it started showing rust in 4-5 years. With dealer rust proofing I got 4-5 years. The only decent results I got was with the Zebart (sp?) product. Truck looked new when I sold it with 80,000 miles after 5 years. It will still rust, but it seems to slow it down by 2 or 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment