Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Paint for a a car?

I have a 91 toyota camry and i wanted to buy paint on e-bay. but i dont know how much to buy. should i buy a gallon? should i buy a pint? what should i do? and what is the best type of paint. I dont want spray paint NOOOOO i want nice paint... which is the best kind? PLEASE HELP. and how do i sand my car? do they sell stuff for that on wall-mart?





-Angela OchoaPaint for a a car?
Its a lot of work. I have done everything on my '71 Buick Riviera, but I left the paint and body to the pros. I bought PPG paint from a specialty store. It was $600 a gallon and my big car needed 2 gallons. That plus good clear coat was $290. Primer, bondo, sandpaper and various other related costs brought the total to $2000 just for materials. I then paid 3k for labor. I would go to Maaco if you want a cheap paint job for an old car. I got a paint job that will look great for 10-20 years. I don't think you will have that camry that long.Paint for a a car?
house of kolor


no i havnt spelt it wrong lol
if you a realy serious about painting your car you need some prep work...like buying how to books from peterson publications....it would be better to go to your local auto parts for paint and materials...as they are pro's and will set you up with everything you need! also todays paints are very dangerous! you need an outside air source to avoid lung and nerve damage! like i said YOU need to read a lot before painting! but dont be afraid you can do it! remember the best paint job will look horrable without good body prep!
go to your local Toyota Dealership and ask them. They will point you in the right direction.





Also check your local auto parts store for automotive paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment