Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spray paint residue on my car!!!!!!!!?

my misguided son spray painted in the garage with the door open for ventilation, he just neglected to move my new car out first. There is now little tiny spots all over the car front to back from the drifting spray paint. I think it will come off the finish, not so sure about the chrome!!!!! Any suggestions other than helping my son find an apartment?Spray paint residue on my car!!!!!!!!?
You might try a little brake clean - spray it into a rag and wipe the paint off. It will also remove any and all wax at the same time, so be sure to clean and wax the car after wards.


I've never had brake clean damage the painted surface of a vehicle other than it dulls the shine, which returns after it is re-waxed - but just to be sure, try a little on a hidden spot first and wipe it down.


Do NOT use brake clean on any plastic or vinyl parts.Spray paint residue on my car!!!!!!!!?
just give a light wipe over with a cloth that has cellulose thinners on it, that should do the trick, then polish off straight away.





try it on the chrome first, i recon the paint will be ok though.
rag and gasoline will take it off easily and won't hurt the paint but you will need to wax the car when your done.
nail polish remover


then buff the car or wax

No comments:

Post a Comment