Saturday, March 13, 2010

How much is it to get a cars paint stripped then have it re-painted the same color?

maybe at a place like maacoHow much is it to get a cars paint stripped then have it re-painted the same color?
15 years ago, I had a 68 Corvette sanded down and painted the same color for $3200. It was better than average. I was happy.


Very few jobs will require paint to be stripped extensively.How much is it to get a cars paint stripped then have it re-painted the same color?
you can do a rough job in 4 hours or so with a good sander or two, simplist way is to mask off the chrome bits and pieces as well as the windows, you may have to stoop to handsanding some areas that the sander wont reach. They might give you a discount at most paint shops, find someone who has a home spray booth they might shoot it for $200 or so if you do the prep and sand work, and choose a color they like or one that is basic and cheap.
I got a paint job for my whole car priced in the beginning of the summer here in Ontario..it needed to be sanded (stripped) and repainted (no repairs)..I was quoted $5000. I can get it done for a couple of thousand, but it won't be as professional a job as the first quote. Shop around because it really varies place to place.
This is a project where if you were to purchase a good paint sprayer, you could easily do it yourself. With a little research and experimenting you can do it yourself. I stripped and painted my truck once. It was actually fun to do. I couldn't wait to get off work to get back to repainting it. I have never heard anyone say that they got a good paint job on thier car when they took to someone to do. So give it go. Good luck.
what car do you own? Remember to calculate the labor up to 5 times than the paint material cost then you can have the concept how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment