Thursday, March 11, 2010

Having a new door replaced on car, will the paint color match?

Hello all,


So my 1999 clk320 benz was recently hit and I am now going through insurance to have my vehicle fixed. The passenger door needs to be replaced. My question is when having a new door replace and painted, will the paint color match the rest of the car? I really don't want one ';blinging'; new shinny door.The cars original color is a metalic silver. Since the car is 10 yrs old with the original paint do you think it will stand out? If so from your experience do you think insurance will pay to have the whole car repainted to match correctly.


This whole situation makes me pretty upset. It was hit by a drunk driver and luckily everyone is safe but I have been so careful to not get even so much of a scratch on my car and now this:(


Thanks for your input...Having a new door replaced on car, will the paint color match?
I had a deer run into the driver side door of my 07 Suzuki Reno and had it replace it and the back door as well. The body shops(three of them) told me that they couldn't match the paint up but had to blend it in by repainting the front and that side of the car. Oh they quoted a price to paint the whole car but the insurance would not pay for it. Just the damage done by the deer on that side of the car. My is a metalic silver too. Well to save money i was lucky to find two car doors with the same color as my and I can't tell the different.


I have heard and seen different cars with new or repaint parts and I think it depends on who does the job. Just look around and ask friends or body shop for examples of they work. good luck.Having a new door replaced on car, will the paint color match?
If the color is not a good match then you have every right to request that the entire car be painted. You will have to sign off on the work to settle the claim and if you are not happy with the color match then do not sign off. Try talking to the insurance company before the work is done and tell them you will not sign off if the color is not a good match.
You should not have a problem with the color match only if the paint is blended both ways, this includes the fender and rear 1/4 panel. They will clearcoat the side of the car, so there is really no reason to refinish the entire car, that would only be a waste of money
the old paint is 10 years old...when new paint is mixed it will be what it was 10 yrs ago,,that said a good body/paint guy can work wonders...my solution is ask how much to shoot the whole car...its in shop anyway and may cost less than you think
No, it will not match. If you have a good body man he can blend the color by painting beyond the door on both sides and you will never know that it is a new door.
yes, if the sprayer is skilled enough the colour should match perfectly, they mix up custom paint to match the colour of the rest of the car
They will be able to match the original paint almost exactly, but it is very hard to match ten years of fading.
It depends on how good the painter is at color matching. An experienced painter can time fade the paint and get very close.
not likely it wil match they might paint it to be close to it but to have it match completey might have to repaint whole car
Hi,


I have a black car, and I have a giant key mark down the side of my car door. Since, its black, and it never matches, my insurance company said that area would be covered to repaint for free. To repaint my whole entire car, it'd be an extra $100. But, I also own a ford focus, Zx3. So, there smaller than your car. The moral of the story, is call your insurance company, to find out how much more it would be for you to repaint the whole car. Cause, any car is hard to repaint no matter what colour it is. It always depends on the painter.
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment