Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I just had some plastic accessories for my car painted.?

How long should I wait to wash them...and how long before I can apply wax?I just had some plastic accessories for my car painted.?
i own a shop and i have painted a lot of plastic stuff lately like bumper skins and stuff,id wait for at least 2-3 weeks at the the least so the paint has enough time to cure out on it,then you can wash and wax it ,it will cure out a lot faster on plastic than metal anyway,so id give it that amount of time,you can wash it before then though ,just don't use no real strong soap on it,good luck with it hope this helps.I just had some plastic accessories for my car painted.?
your welcome.

Report Abuse



At least a week.


How did they get dirty so fast to need washing and waxing already?
I would advice 24 to 48 hrs.and when you wash your car make sure you use a soft Brush .I would not recommend washing your car at a car wash the brushes are old and can scratch your car.I work at a body shop and car dealership in Ohio.
Allow the paint to cure, dry fresh paint is considered Green and can not be waxed... washing should not hurt it unless you use some type of harsh detergent..
Usually you can wash %26amp; wax newly painted plastic in 24 hours, maybe longer weather permitting.


Hope this helped, good luck!
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment