Saturday, March 13, 2010

How to do Car Touch Up Spray Painting?

Hi, please help me I've never done any car painting and I would like to fix my trunk lid: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5834/carpaintmq9.jpg


Can someone please give me some instructions on what to buy, how much I should pay for each, and the steps I should follow? Someone recommended sandpaper, primer, spray paint, buffer, but I have no idea which to use first and why, and which is absolutely necessary. I would greatly appreciate it if you could show me some simple step by step procedures to get this done. It doesn't have to look perfect, I just want to make it less obvious. Thanks!How to do Car Touch Up Spray Painting?
If the lid is rusted you will have to use the sandpaper and primer if the paint is faded or oxidized then just use the maroon scotchbrite pads from the auto store scuff the lid so the paint will adhere. if using can spraypaint then spray in one direction to cover the lid then go the opposite in order to get greater coverage. Spray untill it is even let dry, spray again if neccessary if not maybe hit it with a clear coat paint.





1.The sandpaper will remove the rust


2.primer will prevent the rust from re-appearing
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment