Thursday, March 11, 2010

How long are you supposed to wait to Wash or Wax a car after it's been painted?

I just got a new paint job on my 99 Firebird; but how long before can I wash n wax it?How long are you supposed to wait to Wash or Wax a car after it's been painted?
Wash, after a week to 10 days, and dont wax for about a month.


The paint has to cure.How long are you supposed to wait to Wash or Wax a car after it's been painted?
Really depends on the color.. White about 3 months and Black 8 months. The darker the color and the longer it takes to set and dry... Depends on the paint... too...


You can wash with car soap--nothing else. Waxing takes time...
The place that you had your car painted at should have told u... I would wait at least a week...
Ask the professional who painted it, they will give you the best answer.
About 1 week . I had my new hood painted.
It takes a while to cure even after it's dry. Ask the detailer where you got it painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment