Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting paint off my car....?

So, saturday shopping seems to be a bad idea, as I've ruined my car (sort of). As I was parking in a garage, I scraped my shiny red car on a white pole. So there are considerable scratches and white streaks on my car...SO, Whats the best way to get the paint off, and how much does a car paint touch-up cost?Getting paint off my car....?
Had to help my two of my son;s friends with the same problem in the past year. Use goo gone and a Mr clean magice eraser. Just dampen the eraser and use a little pressure white paint and scuffs should come right off.Getting paint off my car....?
Depends on how much white paint you got on there. You may be able to get it off with a goo gone type of product. You can get these in Home depot in the paint department. There's one with a German sounding name, I don't remember the name, but it's supposed to be good. If that doesn't do it some rubbing compound should. You can get that anywhere they sell auto cleaning products, like an auto parts store or Wal mart. You can get the touch up paint at any automotive parts store, shouldn't be more than $10.00
Take your car to a reputable body shop. You will be quite surprised what they can do with some buffing and polishing. After it's buffed and polished, then you can make the decision about having the boo boo touched up.





This is not something I'd try as a DIY project. The clear coat and paints that are used require specific care or you run the risk of seriously damaging them. Ask for an estimate before they start any work. If it seems too high, try another shop. It is probably going to cost you $100 or more for the clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment