Saturday, March 13, 2010

When painting a model car, should I prime everything?

When I'm making a model car, should I prime all the little parts (excluding the metal bits), or just the body?





Any helpful tips/links are also appreciated.When painting a model car, should I prime everything?
Generally, the body gets the primer. Adding it to smaller parts hides details. Another secret is, shoot light layers multiple times. A single heavy coat will open the door to runs and drips. Use a bent coat hanger to hold the body while painting, that way your fingers don't put body oils on the model.When painting a model car, should I prime everything?
I prime ALL parts of every model, particularly the metal bits !!





Stephen is correct though to recommend LIGHT thin coats.





Make sure you prime (and paint) in a dust-free, well-ventilated area at the correct temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment