Saturday, March 13, 2010

Acrylic or 2 pack paint on my car?

hey guys im gettin my 1974 vj valiant charger spray painted and was wondering if i should get it done in 2 pack or acrylic its not going to be used as a show car more for a drive car not everyday but most daysAcrylic or 2 pack paint on my car?
Cool. I had a '73 Valiant. But it was just a beater.





Re: Paint; if you can afford it and your spray guy has the proper equipment, go for the 2-pack. Otherwise you'll have to spend a lot of time polishing up the acrylic so that it stays looking good, and the color is going to fade anyway. If you're going to need any touch-ups in three or four years, the 2-pack will match perfectly but the acrylic will probably have to be color matched.





PS, Base coat / clear coat is not the same thing as 2-pack. 2-pack contains two resins that harden when mixed (40 minutes!). Older paints use a solvent (50% as sprayed) to carry the color, then they ';dry'; as the solvent evaporates.Acrylic or 2 pack paint on my car?
i just had a'84 dodge ramcharger repainted a'62-64 gm color that i once had,i let my painter talk me into converting the acrylic to base/clear 2 stage and the color did not come out the same,it's ok but not what i had in mind,if i had it to do over i'd stay acrylic,just one point of view
depend's what colour you wanted and how original you wanted to keep the car i guess. acrylic for originality two pack for cool colours. i could be wrong, paint isn't my trade

No comments:

Post a Comment