Thursday, March 11, 2010

How do I remove those circular stains on my car's black paint?

Birds pooped on my car and I was too lazy to wash it off. Thinking that the stain would easily come right off, I washed it about 2 weeks later. The poop easily slid off but in the place of it, I see 3 circle marks (about the size of a quarter and 2 nickels) that looks paler than my car's paint. Which is like a dull black. I tried scraping it off with my sponge, pressure hosing it off. Everything, it's still there! How do I get it off? Is there any type of special car soap? Thanks for your advice!How do I remove those circular stains on my car's black paint?
best chance is to have the car professionally buffed...if your paint is thick enough to survive it.





bird poop is like any other poop...it has digestive juices in it (birds have a crop with gravel in it to crush food but also have high acid digestive juices)...high acids will eat through paint finish.





simple as that. thats why you shouldnt leave bird poo on your car for long periods of time in direct hot temperature sunlight. it bakes the acid into the finish.How do I remove those circular stains on my car's black paint?
that bird poop, has eating into the paint, hence why you shouldve got it off of there as quickly as possible





you may not even be able to fully remove it





but use meguiars ultimate compound, with microfiber towels
Go to your local autoparts store, and pick up some fine polishing compound. Just follow the directions, and they should be gone.
just buy a tin of spray paint in the colour of your car, and spray the effected area.
use wax and a orbital buffer.
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment