Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Legal tints and matte paint jobs for cars?

I live in New Jersey and I want to get tinted windows in my windshield and my font side windows,


1. Can I do this?


2. What are the legal limits?


3. Do people tint their front side and not their back sides? Is that normal?


4. I was searching ';black matte painting'; for cars but I only seemed to get results in Europe! Can I get this done in New Jersey?Legal tints and matte paint jobs for cars?
';I want to get tinted windows in my windshield';





No.





2. Call a shop and ask.





3. Yes, but it looks ridiculous.





4. You can paint a car any color you want. Just tell them you want flat black.Legal tints and matte paint jobs for cars?
The regs for window tinting are different in most states. Therefore it would be best to consult with a specialty body shop doing this as they would know the regs. One other thing is to sit in several vehicles with different levels of tint so you can actually see the effects of the tinting on light loss. This is critical at night as the tinting reduces amount of reflected light thereby making more objects harder to see in the dark.





Matte paint on the exterior of a vehicle is not a good idea. It is hard to clean and keep clean and also increases drag. If it's what you really want then ok. Most body shops can do this type of paint job.
tinting the windshield is illegal and anything over 50% light is illegal when tinting but i have never been pulled over for my illegal tint





matte paint just go to a paint shop
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment