Thursday, March 4, 2010

Anyone have an idea for an inexpensive, remotely decent way to paint a car bumper?

My car has a front lip bumper, and it looks horrible. Its supposed to be black at the bottom, but its alllll chipping off and I need to do something about it. I would just buy a new one, but it was from a body kit and the top of the bumper is a different color. It could use some fixing up too, but I dont have the money for that right now. But the black part I really need to do something about it... Anyone have any idea how much they would charge at a shop? because I dont feel like paying a million dollars to have them paint less than 2 square yards. Honestly I am thinking about just spray painting it but i dont want to result to that... if anyone has any better ideas please enlighten me thank youuu...Anyone have an idea for an inexpensive, remotely decent way to paint a car bumper?
If it's just a few small spots gets some modle kit paint .Anyone have an idea for an inexpensive, remotely decent way to paint a car bumper?
Cheap - spray paint


Cheaper - Sharpie markers
You can call for a quote from a body or detailing shop. If you don't like that, other options include a car ';bra'; (a covering for your front bumper) or repainting it yourself with rattle cans, which I wouldn't recommend.
use a plastic spray in a dry ventilated area and t cut
Hm spray paint
I wouldn't spray paint it. But if you or a friend can help you take it off yourself and re-install it after the work is done you'll save yourself a lot of money. And don't be scared to shop around various paint shops and car repair places. The cost will depend on the size and amount of paint and prep needed. Don't bother doing the prep yourself - most places will insist on doing it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment