Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Need help with painting my Car Emblems. Really appreciate it?

So I have an Acura RSX and the emblems are plastic. I want to paint them black, so I bought this paint that is special for plastic, but do I need to sand it first before painting? Also, once I take off the emblems how do i put them back on? Thank you so muchNeed help with painting my Car Emblems. Really appreciate it?
Remove the emblems with a thin putty knife very carefully so you don't scratch the paint on the car...you might put some masking tape around the emblem to help keep from scratching the paint.





Carefully remove the old double sided tape on the back off the emblem





Lightly scuff the emblems with a gray Scotchbrite pad.





Clean the emblem with an alcohol based solvent or buy a pre-paint grease removable solvent at a auto paint store





Spray the emblems lightly using several coats





Buy some emblem adhesive tape from an auto paint store(expensive)


or beg/buy some from a local body shop.





trim the excess tape from the emblems with a razor blade.





Re-install





That's a lot of workNeed help with painting my Car Emblems. Really appreciate it?
you don't need any special tape





3m tape is what they use to put it on there so look for some of that and its cheap as well

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment