Sunday, March 7, 2010

I put too much paint on my car...Help please :)?

I tried to fix a bunch of scratches on my car but I put way too much paint on it. I didn't use spray paint, just a little bottle with a little brush. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it. Could sandpaper work? If so, what grit sandpaper do I need? Also, does using sandpaper scratch the car?





Thanks so much!





PS. I have a 2008 Orange Honda Fit.I put too much paint on my car...Help please :)?
Ken that is horrible advice. Q-tips are the worst for applying touch-up paint. I included a link on touch-up applicators, you can find them at your local automotive paint supply store.





DO NOT use rubbing compound on your car especially if you are not familiar with the process, YOU CAN RUIN YOUR CAR FINISH...have you considered taking your car to a automotive detailing shop, some scratches can be removed if they are not to deep.





As for the touch-up paint it will fall off eventually if you did not prepare to paint before applying it. Look around the internet you may find what you are looking for.





If it comes down to it, turn it into your insurance company for repairs.





Good LuckI put too much paint on my car...Help please :)?
You could try a little laquer thinner applied carefully with a clean rag wrapped around your forefinger, however be very careful not to touch your cars' original paint.
first of all when you touch up use q/tip thats the best and its really easy to control/try red polishing compound first with a wheel on the spots/
wet sanding it will work if you are careful. not sure the grit size but its very very fine.
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment