Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gonna be prepping a car to get painted and I will be working in my garage?

I was wondering how I can setup up my garage for prepping my car I don't want paint dust to be going all over the garage and certainly don't want it to be going through my vents in my house. I need to know all info to get my garage ready so I can prep my car before painting it.Gonna be prepping a car to get painted and I will be working in my garage?
i have done this before, first start with cleaning and sweeping out the bay u are going to use. don't want dirt to get in the paint. next hang painters plastic or tarps on both sides as well as front and rear. the tricky part is hanging one over the top. i used a box fan at the garage door to blow the fumes outside(cut a hole in the tarp the size of the fan) it helps to have good ventilation, i also cut out a hole on the other end and put a furnace filter in the hole. so u have fresh air getting in that not filled with dirt to get in the wet paint. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment