Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I got some vinyl taken of my side skirt on my car and when they they did it it took a good chunk of paint off.?

what would you guys do if that happend would you get it repainted or put vinyl over it, ext.. .I got some vinyl taken of my side skirt on my car and when they they did it it took a good chunk of paint off.?
The identification tag on your car(the metal plate usually seen on the drivers side through the windshield in the dash)..has the co,lor code in it...That is the tag that identifies your engine serial numbers..the year is also hidden in there as well as the manufacturers color code for it..if not there sometimes there is one under the hood..it contains alot in codes in the alphanumerics and if you take it to a dealer of that car..they sell touch up paint to match it exactly as well as spray cans too....They can look at the id tag for you and tell what paint was used, and usually have the spray cans there if they have a parrts house too..I am talking about the actual dealer..if it's chrysler go to the chrysler house..if it's ford you go to the ford/mervury dealer...sand the chunk off..patch/bondo if necessary..and buy a couple cans of paint..some auto parts store can actually handle these paints too..and tell you the color from the tag..I got some vinyl taken of my side skirt on my car and when they they did it it took a good chunk of paint off.?
Depends on how old the car is, is it paid off, are you really attached to the car or you going to be trading it off anytime soon...things to think about before putting money into it.
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment