Thursday, March 4, 2010

Will an electric sprayer work to paint my car?

I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra and Im going to paint it flat black. I bought some flat black tremclad and I have an electric sprayer. I dont care if the quality is great, but I dont want a bunch of runs and globby paint job.





Is it going to work?





I also dont have a booth to paint it in so im going to rig some tarps to keep it dry and the wind down...any suggestions there?Will an electric sprayer work to paint my car?
Basically yes that electric spray gun should work and why not put some plastic up as a tarp and make yourself a little booth using some 2 by 4's and making a frame that the plastic can be attached too. Don't paint it when its cold or mild out , paint doesn't go on right unless it's at least 22C out.


Plus you'll have to sand down the old paint very lightly with fine sandpaper so the paints pours will open up and the new paint can soak into the pours.


I spray bombed my car and that was a tricky job bec of the temperature and wind and I had no tarp etc . Funny I just bought myself an electric spray gun last fall lol





Hope that helps , best of luck.......Don't forget to take the rest of the car and cover it with news paper , plus I advice to spray very lightly and then add a second light coat later.Do you me a favour let me know how it all works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment