Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I just got my car painted should i wait before washing and wax ing it?

They told me to wait atleast 3 days for the paint to harden. I would give it a few days before I touched it.I just got my car painted should i wait before washing and wax ing it?
yes at least 3 days for washing and 30 days for waxingI just got my car painted should i wait before washing and wax ing it?
you need to wait 30 days before waxing


gentle washes are fine
yes u r suppose to wait
Yes. didn't they tell you about washing and waxing it and how to long to wait before doing so? They should have given you a pamphlet or something. I don't remember how long you have to wait, but you might want to contact them.
You should wait 2 weeks to allow the clear coat to fully cure. Just my opinion. Rodney Harkins knows a lot more about it....after he's done with his painting he will put buffing compound on the clear coat 3 days after to smooth out the orange peel and then he will wax when he's all done. Good luck.
YES!





You should not wash your vehicle for at least 2 weeks and you shouldn't wax it for at leat 4 weeks.





Don't be affraid to call the body shop that fixed it if you have any questions or concerns.
i own a repair and restoration shop,and i have painted a few of them,,you need to wait at least 30 days before you do anything to it,,this give the paint time to cure,and harden up on it,,if you don't wait it might haze over ,and get dull like look to it,good luck i hope this help,s.
yeah!!


you dont want the paint to chip!!
yes it depends on the type of paint but usually hand wash only for the first few weeks as it depends on how long the paint takes to cure , alot of factors involved , and no harsh or abrasive cleaning solutions , if you have a real good shine on it you shouldn't need to wax , if you do you will always have-to after that
according to my sources, you r not supposed to wax it for three weeks,but u may wash it..
There is normally a waiting period to wax it, but can hand wash it with a mild soap

No comments:

Post a Comment