Sunday, March 7, 2010

Car Care Question paint scratch?

Bit of a problem. I was parked and either I or someone else scraped a mirror against my car. My car has 2 black lines on it.My dad will think its my fault, even though I'm 95% sure it isn't. I would've noticed If I scraped another mirror, or would I? Anyway, how do I get this stuff off, preferably without a buffer or any in shop remedies. I want a quick easy method that only calls for a bit of elbow grease. Water doesn't seem to work too well. Help Me befoore my dad flips!!Car Care Question paint scratch?
if it is black paint transfer or plastic transfer from another car, it can be removed with some polishing or rubbing compound. a buffer is alot easier and faster but can be done with elbow grease and a few applications. 3m makes the best product but there are other manufacturers like meguiers, etc.that will work.. any auto parts store or auto body jobber / supplier will have it.Car Care Question paint scratch?
good luck sounds like your dad is going to flip. You probably will need a shop remedy. If you try to use some kind of chemical it could hurt your paint. You might try calling autozone and see if they have some kind of product to help

No comments:

Post a Comment